National Playground Safety Week Was April 25-29, 2011
National Playground Safety Week is a time to focus on children's outdoor play environments; a time to pledge to use good judgment when playing; a time for gratitude for all the adults who work tirelessly on maintaining our playgrounds.
What You Can Do
Playgrounds don't become safer all by themselves. They need people like you to stick their necks out and do something! So what can you do? Here are some suggestions:
- BECOME A FRIEND OF SLYDE® – and get free screen savers for your computer/classroom – click here
- PURCHASE THIS MONTH'S SPECIAL
– purchase SLYDE® Special here
- Get playground safety ideas from the National Program for Playground Safety
- visit NPPS site here
- Write a letter to the governor
- Hang SLYDE® playground safety posters at your school or childcare, etc.
- purchase poster here
- Have a coloring contest
- see SLYDE®'s color pages here
DO YOU HAVE MORE IDEAS ABOUT HOW TO “PLAY SMART, PLAY SAFE ©” Share them with us; click here